Saturday 19 January 2013

Mojito Cakes!



One thing I love to do, is bake. I could bake all day everyday and I am enjoying experimenting with different recipes more and more.

This little beauty is a Mojito cake I made and I must admit they tasted lovely. I've only recently started to like lemony things or citrus flavours in general, so it came as a surprise to me that I actually liked them! I was making them for my Mum, so I wasn't expecting to eat one at all! The  sponge was actually better when the cake was a day or two old, as it gained not only more moisture but more flavour too. So I think to anyone thinking of making them, bare that in mind- better a day or two old. I think they're a must-make cake on anyone's list if you were perhaps looking for something new and I'm even sure you could replace the rum with something else if you wanted to (although it is only a small amount of rum). 

Below is the recipe I used- Courtesy of Hummingbird Cake Days

Sponge
 100ml White Rum
170g Caster Sugar
40g Unsalted Butter (softened)
120g Plain Flour
1/4 Tsp Salt
1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Finely Grated Lemon Zest
1 Tsp Finely Grated Lime Zest
1 Tbsp Chopped Mint
1 Large Egg
120ml Whole Milk
1/2 Tsp Vanilla Essence


Frosting
80g Unsalted Butter (softened)
250g Icing Sugar
1/4 Tsp Finely Grated Lemon Zest
1/4 Tsp Finely Grated Lime Zest
4Tsp whole Milk
4 Tsp White Rum
1 Tbsp Caster Sugar
1 Tsp Grated Lime Zest or Finely Chopped Mint to Decorate


Hope you all enjoy!

-Grace-

No comments:

Post a Comment