Saturday 9 February 2013

Why I won't be using John Frieda's 'Go Blonder' Shampoo/Conditioner, again.



*Image taken from Google

If I could, I would use both of these products again. They make my hair so soft and really bring out my natural highlights (not that I'm vain enough to say I have many!). I haven't dyed my hair now in about a year and a half, after going from purple to red to almost black. I eventually decided enough was enough and I wanted my natural colour back, so with that I made the fatal mistake of doing a 'Colour-B4' job...oh jeez. I appreciate that 'Colour-B4' may have worked really well for some people, but it cost me £100 to get my hair rectified after using it. Not only that, it stinks of rotten eggs. So ladies and gentlemen pretty please, think hard before you decide to DIY, I would highly recommend letting a pro do it for you. 

Anyway back to the point. Over a few months my hair gradually started to grow out back to its natural colour and I think it helped that when I got my hair stripped, I opted for the non-bleaching method. This meant that my hair (fortunately) was left in a good condition. I started to use John Frieda's 'Go Blonder' when I went on a little holiday with my boyfriend Chris last year and was genuinely impressed with the results. I felt like my natural colour could do with bit of help and my hair felt shinier and softer after use. However, I started to wonder why I was getting acne type lumps and bumps on my face. If I'm honest, I thought it was just my skin being silly because it's prone to being really sensitive. Until a recent post by a lady on Blogger, I was completely unaware that it could have been my shampoo. She said it contained a type of gentle bleaching agent and as soon as I read that it was all making sense. I have stopped using both shampoo and conditioner and since doing so, the recent blotches on my face have (I think/hope), started to clear up. I think it's a shame because both products are fantastic, but they're just too chemically for my poor skin! If you're thinking about using these products then just have a little think harder if you have sensitive skin or are prone to breakouts of any kind.

Anyone else had similar problems with these?

-Grace-

No comments:

Post a Comment